This job role is responsible for managing critical CAPEX growth projects that meet business objectives on time and on budget for NCR. The individual in this position must utilize existing project management processes and work effectively with NCR staff at all levels. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring projects align with corporate goals and objectives (KPIs). The Expansion PM will take direction from the Chief Project Officer and will align processes with the Enterprise Program and Portfolio Management Office.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Scope expansion projects and determine resource, budget and time requirements
- Utilize existing project management processes and standards, including authoring project documentation such as project charter, project plan, risk assessment, status reports, etc.
- Assemble and build project teams
- Conduct regular project meetings
- Set up tasks in project systems
- Regularly review progress against project plan and mitigate potential risks
- Procure required resources, such as hardware, software, external consultation, etc.
- Collaborate with vendors during procurement process
- Compile regular progress updates from project team members
- Complete change request forms for changes that impact the project scope, timeline, or budget
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of project templates
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the project
Communication & Teamwork
- Communicate regularly to project team to keep members informed of status, progress against the project plan, upcoming milestones/deliverables, etc.
- Create weekly status reports for management review, and contribute to weekly status summary meetings
- Prepare lessons learned and present at project closeout meeting
- Collaborate with project team to ensure they meet project goals and objectives.
Learning & Development
- Proactively keep up with Project Management Institute (PMI) methods for use in projects at NCR
- 20-40% travel may be required.
Bachelor's degree (Engineering degree preferred)
- Minimum 10 years work experience as Project Manager in an international environment
- At least 5 years leadership experience with a responsibility managing large teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with technical and business teams
- Able to read technical documentation: Isometric drawings, PID's, electrical diagrams
- Experience with rigger plans, heavy equipment set up and installation activities
- Familiarity with health and safety related rules and construction site requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and form liaisons with other groups in order to achieve project objectives
- Experience with full cycle implementation and enhancement projects
- Experience with project budgeting and managing project budgets above $500,000
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in an organization
- Ability to develop comprehensive project plans depending on size and scope of projects
- Dedication to producing quality work and completing tasks within specified time frames.
- Ability to work independently and formulate plans that meet desired objectives
- Strong organization and time management skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and with all levels of management (ethnicity, language, and education levels)
- Work experience with modern project scheduling software platforms
- Work experience with CAD programs
- Fluent in English (reporting language)
- Ability to travel globally
What we can offer
- An exciting and stimulating work environment in a high technology company
- Competitive wages in accordance with agreement
- Good pension and insurance plan
- An opportunity to change the world!